Thursday, December 22, 2022

Current Favorites


Been a while since I've written about current favorites! Also many of these products I've already finished but I've included them because I wanted to.


Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation in Olive 0

No, I haven't forgotten my powder foundations! I am just slow at incorporating new things. Currently I have been using Alima Pure's Satin Matte Foundation every day for several weeks, maybe a month, two? It needs a creamier product underneath so that it won't look too powdery/cakey and highlight flakes. I tried a few different sunscreens and now I am happy with Skin Aqua Uv Super Moisture Essence Gold SPF50+ PA++++. I've applied the powder with Zoeva flat top buffer brush.

Alima Pure's shade range is very good, Olive 0 is very neutral in my opinion and suits fair/light skin.


Skin Aqua Uv Super Moisture Essence Gold SPF50+ PA++++

I actually didn't like this sunscreen during the summer, when I sweat it became a disgusting slimy layer fast. But for winter and under a loose powder foundation it is great! It's moisturizing and creamy but not heavy on a drier winter skin, no white cast, hasn't hurt my eyes. Almost replaces moisturizer altogether, but during winter I still apply a little something underneath. 


Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash & 

Caudalie Vinopure Purifying Gel Cleanser

I really do like both these cleansers! I tried to stay away from cleansers that were advertised as "purifying" and could be "drying" for a while because that is the usual skincare advice. But my skin seems to like "acne cleansers". Yes, my skin did feel more purified, more squeaky afterwards, but looked nice and didn't feel dry. Both had this a bit herbal, tea tree like scent. 


Malin+Goets Vitamin E Face Moisturizer Mini

"Smells like some cream my grandma used for cows but maybe it is a general un scented vitamin E smell then? First I thought the moisturizer was slightly clogging my skin but afterwards noticed it seemed to calm some redness too. Absorbs super well, in a few minutes almost to nothingness. Wouldn't mind trying another mini, I'm on the fence how I feel!"

That's what I wrote in my empties post. So not instant love, but I was and still am wondering if it really calmed the redness, because if so that is amazing. The moisturizer also had a really nice texture and worked well with other products, I do miss it sometimes (despite it also maybe being slightly clogging)!


Exuviance Evening Restorative Complex renamed as Overnight Transformation Complex

I bought a mini set of Exuviance products long time ago. I have no idea why I didn't try them earlier, I am procrastinator number one. My skin seems to like everything I've tried from the set so far and nothing seems to have expired.

Evening Restorative Complex was all in one for me, it was somewhat moisturizing, slightly exfoliating, didn't clog my pores, my skin looked nice in the morning. The mini tube lasted for about 3-4 weeks when used only in the evening and I do miss it.

Didn't care for the scent though. It was weird fresh.

Exuviance mini set I bought a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment