Sunday, May 29, 2022

Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra S.O.S. Intense Moisturizing Cream 15 ml Mini Review

Ingredients:

aqua/water/eau, glycerin*, squalane*, ethylhexyl cocoate*, ethylhexyl palmitate*, cetearyl alcohol*, vitis vinifera (grape) fruit water*, borago officinalis seed oil*, potassium cetyl phosphate, coco-caprylate/caprate*, cetearyl wheat straw glycosides*, caprylic/capric triglyceride*, palmitoyl grape seed extract*, vitis vinifera (grape) juice*, crithmum maritimum extract*, sodium carboxymethyl beta-glucan, sodium hyaluronate, oleyl alcohol*, cetearyl glucoside*, hydrogenated olive oil stearyl esters*, parfum (fragrance), tocopheryl acetate*, carbomer, caprylyl glycol, hydrogenated vegetable oil*, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, citric acid*, sodium hydroxide, tocopherol*, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate (235/001)


I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...



Thoughts:

- Broke me out slightly but consistently during the three week test period (breakouts stopped when stopped using) which leads to:

- Lots of comedogenic ingredients that seem to be trigger at least to my oily-combination skin

- Full size 50 ml comes in a jar if you are against jars



+ Light scent, pleasant to me

+ Soft cream, excellent consistency, not too oily or too thick but still protecting, leaves skin soft and smooth, not sticky

+ Feels moisturizing (but I would not call it S.O.S. Cream - for dry skin probably nice daily cream), nice combination of moisture and hydration

+ Cute pink packaging (pink is my weakness after all)

+ Caudalie is vegan and uses mostly natural derived ingredients if you are into these things



* I do have a soft spot for Caudalie products, for some reason. I guess I like their aesthetics! What I have tried their formulas are very nice and it almost seems like the scents are not as strong as few years ago. Or I have lost my sense of smell because I have smelled too many cosmetics products.

* For my oily-combination skin I have loved Caudalie's Moisturizing Sorbet and Vinopure Purifying Gel Cleanser.



Price: 

25-35 € / 50 ml full size product

Bought from: 

Got from Lookfantastic Advent Calendar

Buy again? 

No.

Worth the money? 

To me no, because Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra S.O.S. Intense Moisturizing Cream broke me out, but otherwise it was very pleasant rich cream that is not too rich and did what it was supposed to do: moisturized nicely and worked with my other products. For dry skin probably excellent, but for irritated dry skin I would search something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment