Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Current Favorites


Inglot Duraline 

Lately I've been using Duraline with eyeshadow every time! I really think it helps with my creasing issue. Of course it is winter right now so I haven't been sweating much but I do have high hopes for summer as well... I prime my eyelids with Canmake as well. It's the best eye primer I have tried so far but I have very limited experience.  I also have used a light dust of powder before eyeshadow. I have extremely oily and I think hooded eyes.

I use Duraline just by mixing as many drops as I want on my hand with eyeshadow. I think I need to get a mixing palette so that it doesn't start to absorb to my skin/slide off while doing this. I try to not get Duraline straight to eyeshadow pans because I don't want to ruin them. Duraline is a massive help with glitters or shimmers because they do not have fall out when applied this way, plus they look more glittery and kind of part of the skin, not like a dry or dusty layer on top. 

This is the exact look I've wanted to master, a natural sheer shimmer/glitter that looks very effortless! So, it is not about the eyeshadow itself, it is the technique! I have experimented both with eyeshadow and highlighters. I felt so stupid when I realized that this is how you create the ethereal barely-there-but-bigger-glistening-eyes look, lol!  For eye shadow I have mainly used Lethal Cosmetics because I just bought a lot of singles from them last year and the shades are very pretty! I do have to say l like the most boring shades like champagne, gold, taupe...


Duraline is clear and very oily. It comes in a tiny dropper bottle. Canmake's eye base is very thick.


Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Deep Conditioning Treatment

I already wrote before that I feel a bit meh about this popular conditioning product and said that maybe my hair felt softer, not sure. So the tube I got from LF advent calendar back in the day was left halfly unused.

But. The thing is, my hair was healthy and straight back then, and easily oily. Now, I got a permanent and have curls and my hair is amazingly dry (and damaged) and I can put oils, hydrators on everyday and my hair just slurps everything in. (My scalp is still oily, just so you know. Just not as bad as before permanent.)

Back to Elasticizer! It makes my curls shiny and refined. Using the Elasticizer once a week (or at least every other week), I don't have to throw oils at my hair everyday and my hair texture is nicer. I use it by washing my hair, then applying the cream onto very damp hair and just lift the hair up with a clip and let it sit on for as long as I feel, an hour or two, or overnight. Then rinse a bit. Or don't rinse at all if it looks fine.

As long as I have curls, I think I will keep using Philip Kingsley's Elasticizer. This was definitely an eye opener yet again, why some products are raved about and I don't understand the hype. Because if I don't need a certain product, of course it is going to do nothing for me!


Versace Bright Crystal EdT

Not my favorite scent or perfume overall, but, must give credit where credit is due... Lately been using Bright Crystal daily to work, it is so inoffensive and light! It lasts only a couple of hours on me but at least I know I haven't overdone it. I kinda think it is impossible to overdo such a soapy, fresh watery sweet floral scent though. That's all I smell, I can't detect any specific notes. I also have Yellow Diamond, and I like both equally. But for some reason I pick up Bright Crystal easier in the morning - maybe it is more of "shower clean fresh" scent for me than Yellow Diamond with citrusy notes?


The Ordinary NMF + HA Moisturizer

Such a nice boring bland moisturizer in a big tube for cheap. Plays well with anything or almost anything. I guess I can keep repeating this as a current favorite from time to time! (As I don't have any rules for what I list as favorites and when I list them.) Not luxurious feeling moisturizer at all, though. 



Maybelline Snapscara Mascara Waterproof

Excellent everyday mascara. I actually do like the shape of the brush and find it easy to use. I think the product is not too wet or dry. I usually never make a mess while applying and it hasn't smudged during the day. Obviously right now I haven't worn it outside in the rain or in extreme heat, just normal weather conditions. The mascara is also easy to remove with warm water. I have to say I do not get much volume with this mascara, mostly I go for my lashes but better look.

No comments:

Post a Comment