Saturday, July 3, 2021

Bioderma Hydrabio Gel Cream 50 ml Review


 Ingredients:

Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Squalane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, C14-22 Alcohols, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Ammonium Cryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Steareth-21, Disodium EDTA, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Mannitol, Xylitol, Hexyldecanol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Rhamnose, Malachite Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Seed Extract, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Tocopherol, Fragrance (Parfum).


I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...














Thoughts:

- Doesn't seem to work for my skin too well during winter, even if I layer products to bring more moisture, almost seems like makes my skin texture worse or breaks me out. Strictly summer time product for me (or for a hot country trip that is not happening for a while)

- Medium strength fragrance in case you dislike scents

- Price varies a lot and must be ordered online - stressful to acquire



+ Leaves a soft, silicone-y smoothing film on skin, feels very nice if you like that sort of thing!
 
+ Good under makeup, no pilling so far

+ Smells fresh, fragrance strength I would say medium, it doesn't seem to linger on me. I appreciate the scent not being strong floral etc.
 
+ The moisturizer seems to work for my skin well during this unusual hot summer, just enough moisture but not too much that it would get disgusting
 
+ Absorbs immediately, not greasy or shiny

+ Pump bottle works very well

+ Consistency is like a gel, as promised



* I bought Bioderma's Hydrabio Gel Cream because I wanted to try something lighter and something different! Also it was on sale. I kind of hoped it would be instant love or something. I really do like the packaging and the tube, very convenient and informative.

* I don't remember trying any Bioderma products before. But I am open to try more in the future! The availability has gotten better compared to only a year ago.



Price: 

12-25 € / 50 ml, I paid 14 €, look out for sales

Bought from: 

Lookfantastic

Buy again? 

Maybe? For summer?

Worth the money? 

I feel a bit undecided! Bioderma Hydrabio Gel Cream is an ok moisturizer, especially for super hot, sweaty weather. I can see oily skin types liking this one a lot. At least I do when I am oiliest, usually though I am a combination skin and during winter Hydrabio Gel Cream just didn't seem to work me. But I kind of think I could go with a regular Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturiser as well and save money, especially if in a pinch (6,50 € vs 12-25 €). Except that old favorite of mine seems to be discontinued/reformulated - I think Clear & Defend Moisturiser is the new one?


No comments:

Post a Comment